We know that your journey looks different than anyone else’s! We offer 1:1 homebuyer counseling to help you navigate the homebuying process for your unique situation. Scroll down to more!
Are you looking to take control of your financial health and prepare for your homeownership journey?
Homebuyer Counseling is done 1:1 and can guide you in several areas:
- Learn what you can do to become a prepared First-time Homebuyer
- Receive financial capability coaching
- Review how to create a household budget
- Learn about City of Buffalo programs & other community resources
The best way to get started with Homebuyer Counseling is to sign up for Compass, our Free online information Hub that connects you to resources, allows you to safely upload documents to your counselor, and track your goals.
How to Set Up Your Compass Account
- Right-click the “Get Started” button at the top right of the webpage and select “Open in new tab”
- On the sign-up page, click the “Sign Up Now” Button
- Click the drop-down arrow next to “Homeownership” and make your selections for Homebuyer counseling, and the County you will be purchasing in
- Once you have updated your information on the next page, a Customer Journey Specialist will follow-up with you via e-mail about the next documents you will need to upload for your 1:1 Homebuyer Counseling appointment with a Homeownership Counselor.
**Note: All other services on this list (Rehab, Energy, etc.) are meant for AFTER you purchase your home. Please start with homeownership needs, first. Once you do purchase your home, we are happy to help you with other needs after you close!
Need Help Setting Up Compass? Contact Us!
Debbie Lombardo, Customer Journey Specialist: Buffalo & Niagara Falls
(716) 217-2468 ext. 701
You can also Click Here to submit a message.