Due to COVID-19, in-person classes have been put on pause. But we do offer homebuyer education online. Scroll down to learn more!
Take the Homebuyer Education course from the comfort and safety of your home! It is an important tool for learning about the home-buying process. In fact, many banks require this course for mortgage approval. Spend a day learning how to calculate your housing affordability, review purchase offer documents, and understand the value of a thorough, pre-purchase home inspection. It will also grant you access to the following resources:
- Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance grants and loans
- The Homebuyer Education certificate, which is valid for one (1) year
- Class fee:
$99$30 for a Limited Time!
- Use Code: SPRINGDISCOUNT2021
To sign up for the online course, click here, or on the product logo below.
Due to COVID-19, all IN-PERSON classes have been canceled until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience, thank you. If you have any questions, please contact us.
We also offer 1:1 Homebuyer Counseling and can guide you in several areas:
- Learn what you can do to become a prepared First-time Homebuyer
- Receive financial capability coaching
- Review how to create a household budget
- Learn about City of Buffalo programs & other community resources
The best way to get started with Homebuyer Counseling is to sign up for Compass, our Free online information Hub that connects you to resources, allows you to safely upload documents to your counselor, and track your goals.
Already Have a Compass Account?
Contact Debbie Lombardo, Customer Journey Specialist: Buffalo & Niagara Falls to schedule a 1:1 appointment with a Homeownership Counselor.
(716) 217-2468 ext. 701
You can also Click Here to submit a message.
How to Set Up Your Compass Account
- Right-click the “Get Started” button at the top right of the webpage and select “Open in new tab”
- On the sign-up page, click the “Sign Up Now” Button
- Click the drop-down arrow next to “Homeownership” and make your selections for Homebuyer counseling, and the County you will be purchasing in
- Once you have updated your information on the next page, a Customer Journey Specialist will follow up with you via e-mail about the next documents you will need to upload for your 1:1 Homebuyer Counseling appointment with a Homeownership Counselor.
**Note: All other services on this list (Rehab, Energy, etc.) are meant for AFTER you purchase your home. Please start with homeownership needs, first. Once you do purchase your home, we are happy to help you with other needs after you close!